Flax seeds (Linum usitatissimum) — also known as common flax or linseeds — are small oil seeds that originated in the Middle East thousands of years ago. Lately, they have gained popularity as a health food. This is due to their high content of heart-healthy omega-3 fats, fiber, and other unique plant compounds (1Trusted Source, 2Trusted Source, 3Trusted Source). Flax seeds have been linked to health benefits, such as improved digestion and a reduced risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and cancer.
Uses & Health Benefits:
- Flax seeds powder is a good source of several vitamins and minerals:
- Gives a boost to the digestive process
- Flax seeds are high in fiber but low in carbs. Itcan support colon detoxification, fat loss and reduce sugar cravings.
- Flaxseed fights against breast, prostate, ovarian, and colon cancer.
- It can lower blood sugar level
- Flax seeds can improve eye health, can reduce dry eye syndrome.
- It can improve obesity and support weight loss.
- Flax seeds are great for those who have Celiac disease or have a gluten sensitivity.
- They may also be a good alternative to omega-3 fats in fish for people with a seafood allergy.
- Flaxseeds are high in Antioxidants. Consuming flax regularly may help reduce the number or severity of colds and flus.
- Improve digestive health and cure digestive ailments
- Recent studies have suggested that flaxseed may have a protective effect against breast cancer, prostate cancer
- Promotes natural bowel movements
- It can lower cholesterol levels
- It seems to be good for the heart
- A home remedy that can relieve different diseases
- It will help to lose weight
The information is for educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.